Serve IT accepts applications from 501(c)3 organizations on a rolling basis with start periods generally coinciding with the beginning of the Spring and Fall semesters (early January and late August, respectively). Selected clients will meet with the clinic staff to determine the full scope of the project and discuss timelines. There is no cost associated with participation in the program.
$564,000estimated costs saved by Serve IT clients
80+web-based projects completed
The clinic can provide a variety of technology services for your organization. Any services needed but not listed below can be evaluated to see if it is within the clinic’s scope. Agencies can also apply for smaller pieces of projects such as a website redesign, accessibility assessment, brochure design, and logo or other graphic design.
You can find a full pdf of our application here if you need it for planning with your board or office.
- Web Design and Development
- Website re-design
- Website design support (sprucing up an existing CMS site)
- Graphic Design
- Mobile optimization
- Website Accessibility assessment
- Website Security assessment
- Data governance or management
- Salesforce Onboarding
Computer donations and tech support
The Serve IT clinic has free refurbished computers and accessories for nonprofits. If your organization is in need of any computers, equipment or has any equipment they would like to donate, we can help. Agencies are invited to fill out the form and choose from our offerings.
How clients are chosen
Clients are chosen by our Advisory Council, based on 6 factors:
- Whether the organization meets or is presumed to meet the IRS definition of a charitable organization under section 501(c)(3)
- Whether the proposed project matches offerings and student ability
- Willingness of agency to work with students (being available, having tolerance for student learning gaps, etc)
- Degree to which agency mission supports the neediest members of our local community
- The relative stability of the organization
- The apparent need for the technology services provided
Clients must have one liaison staff member or volunteer who can devote time each week coordinating with the student team. That staff member should expect to spend on average 1-2 hours per week working with the team and should be empowered to make decisions on the services provided by the team. It is important to keep in mind that projects may extend past one semester depending on the scope.